The Best Gear Rentals in Clearwater, FL
No matter how carefully you pack, you will not be able to bring everything you need for your Clearwater Beach adventure. It would take a lot of suitcases to pack all the gear you will need for your favorite watersports, but you can save that suitcase space for your bathing suit and other essentials.
Thanks to a large number of gear rental companies in and around Clearwater Beach, you can pack light and still enjoy a wonderful time on the water. Once you know what to look for and what to ask, you can rent everything you need - all without breaking the bank or feeling deprived.
What Kind of Gear and Equipment Can I Rent?
It would be impossible to pack everything you need for your Clearwater Beach adventure. Fortunately, you do not have to. Once you arrive in town, you can rent everything you need, from surfboards and paddleboards to wakeboards, kiteboards and skimboards.
You can also rent jet skis, or book a jet ski tour around the Clearwater Beach region. In addition to all that watersport equipment, you can even rent all the beach gear you need, from the canopies and umbrellas to shade you from the sun to the chairs you sit on and the coolers from which you chill beverages. You can even rent a radio to play your favorite tunes.
When you rent the beach gear and sporting equipment you need, you can choose your duration. You can rent gear and equipment by the hour, day or week, and the prices are quite affordable.
You will need to provide some form of ID, generally either a passport or driver's license, to rent the equipment and sporting gear you need. You will also need to provide a credit card deposit to protect yourself and the company providing the apparatus.
Surfing is a great way to spend time on the water, and it is a fun sport for the whole family. If you have never used a surfboard before, you will want to take a quick lesson before you dip your board in the water, but once you get the hang of it, you should be able to do it on your own. There are lots of quality places to rent surfboards in the Clearwater Beach area, including many shops right on the beach. Here are some excellent places to rent surfboards and the prices you can expect to pay.
• Nekton Surf Shop offers surfboard rentals at an affordable price so that you can enjoy your time on the water. Rates start at $20 for 2 hours, $30 for half a day and $50 for the whole day.
• Surf Station offers surfboard rentals at a rate of $15 for two hours, $20 for up to 6 hours, $25 for up to 24 hours, $40 for two days, $50 for three days, $80 for five days and $100 for seven days
Renting a skimboard is a great way to spend the day, especially if you already know how to ride. If you are new to the sport, it is best to take a few lessons. Once you get the hang of it, you can rent a board from your instructor and take to the water on your own.
There are some places to rent skimboards around the Clearwater Beach area, but Surf Station is one of the most highly recommended. Surf Station offers skimboard rentals of up to $10 for 2 hours, $15 for up to 6 hours, $18 for 24 hours and $25 for up to two days.
Paddle boarding is excellent for the beginner since it is less intimidating than surfing and more comfortable to learn. Even the kids can enjoy paddle boarding, and they will be enjoying a day on the water in no time.
Paddle boarding is a favorite sport with newcomers to Clearwater Beach, and there are plenty of great places to rent the equipment. Here are some of the best paddleboard rentals in Clearwater Beach.
• Paddle Out Adventure offers a variety of paddleboards for everyone from the beginner to the experienced water sports enthusiast. They also provide a free lesson to everyone so that you can get off to a great start. Their rate is $30 per hour, which includes the tour, paddleboards, kayaks, tax fuel and everything else you need.
• Down South Kite and Paddle offers quality paddleboards from Odyssey, one of the best-known names in the sport. All board rentals are by the day.
• Clearwater Watersports provides paddleboard rental at $30 an hour plus tax. They have plenty of paddleboards available, so just stop by and take one out.
If you want a great adventure, why not rent your waverunner? Clearwater Watersports offers a great deal on waverunner rental, so you can hit the water in style and enjoy the experience of a lifetime.
The company offers waverunner rentals and parasailing adventures, as well as parasail rentals for adventure seekers of all ages.
Kiteboarding can be a lot of fun, even if you have never done it before. There are some kiteboard adventure and rental companies in Clearwater Beach, but Clearwater Kiteboarding is one of the best - and one of the best known.
Clearwater Kiteboarding offers quality instructions, including lessons for the beginner, intermediate and advanced rider. Lessons are a good idea when kiteboarding since it takes time to acquire the necessary skills.
Lessons are priced at $150 for one person, $250 for two people and $300 for three people, so bring your friends and save some money.
When you come to Clearwater Beach, you will see lots of jet skis out on the water. That is because jet skis are a blast to ride, and learning to ride one is not as difficult as you might think. Once you learn the controls and understand the acceleration, the operation is quite intuitive. In no time at all, you will be enjoying your time on the water.
You will need to rent a jet ski to get the full experience, and you can choose a guided tour or self-directed operation. If you select the self-directed route, you will have your choice of operators, including the recommended companies listed below.
• Clearwater Beach Jet Ski Rentals offers jet ski rentals to those 18 years of age and older. You must have a valid passport or driver's license and leave a credit card deposit. Two-hour jet ski tours start at $185.
• Gulfside Jet Ski Rentals and Tours offer a variety of guided tours, but they also provide jet ski rentals for the truly adventurous. The rate is $130 for a maximum of three people, with a total 450-pound weight limit per ski. That $130 price pays for an hour and 30 minutes of fun on the water.
• Clearwater Beach WaveRunner Adventures offers a one and a half hour rental for $130, so you can enjoy fun on the water and have a great adventure. You can also book a two-hour dolphin safari for $180, or an hour-long ride zone adventure for $90.
• White Knuckle Water Sports offers jet ski tours and rentals at a flat rate of $85 for a one hour tour. The company also provides more extended tours so that you can choose your adventure.
You will be spending a lot of time on the beach during your Clearwater Beach adventure, and there are plenty of great companies who can provide everything you need. From canopies and umbrellas to chairs, coolers, and radios, these companies can provide you with everything you need for a great day at the beach.
• Clearwater Beach Paddleboard Rental company is one of the biggest beach rental companies around. You can rent a beach umbrella by the week for $35 or take it out for the day for just $7. They also rent beach carts at $5 daily or $20 weekly, sunblock tents at $7 a day or $35 for the week and beach chairs for $5 daily or $30 weekly.
• Fun Ride Rentals also offers rentals for a wide variety of beach essentials, including strollers, wagons, beach carts and beach chairs. Their beach cart package includes two chairs, a 7-foot umbrella, a beach cart and a cooler.
Your Pre-Rental Checklist
No matter which type of sports equipment or beach gear you choose to rent, you will need to ask the right questions. While most operators, including the ones on our list, are well reviewed, honest and forthright, there are a few bad apples out there. Knowing the right questions to ask can protect you from those bad apples and help you get the very best deal on the beach gear or sporting equipment you need. Here are some fundamental questions to ask before you sign the rental agreement and start having fun.
• Are you insured?
• Are you licensed to operate in the state of Florida?
• Do you offer lessons?
• Who do I call if I have a problem?
• Will I have to pay for an extra hour if I return the item late?
• What kind of identification do I need to secure the rental?
• Do you accept credit cards?
• Do you require a credit card deposit?
• Do you deliver?
• What happens if the equipment stops working? Will I have to pay for repairs?
• What do I do if something breaks? Who do I call?
Renting your gear and equipment is a great way to enhance your Clearwater Beach adventure. You can rent what you need, enjoy it for the day or the week and return it to the operator. When tomorrow comes, you can try out a new water sport, experience a new adventure and have even more fun